Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Read Along The Homing Pigeons by Sid Bahri Discussion 2

Dear Readers....a very warm welcome to the discussion on my blog about Ankita's questions i.e. part two of the Read Along discussion session hosted by the multi-talented Ankita which can be read on booklokcoffee. She has some amazing soul searching questions which I had to ponder on for quiet a while before daring to answer. I have tried to be very honest and I am sure many of you will not agree with me, however the floor is open for discussion.

For those who missed the first part of the read along, it is here. I also apologize for the delay in posting this as I have been traveling. 


Ankita's question: When Radhika told Abhinav that she isn't sure if she want to have a child and Abhinav declared that he wants a child. He demanded, he ordered. In general, is it right for one partner to pass a demand without taking his/her partner's wishes in account. When you are married, is it always a team then or it's you-against-me?

Well this is a difficult one, getting married doesn't mean the end of individuality. No two people are similar and therefore there will be situations where they will need different things. However marriage means co-existence and when such differences arise an equilibrium should be established to maintain the happiness quotient alive, else there is no meaning of being together if once is being forced to do something. Unfortunately in India, and in Indian families abroad male dominance prevails.

Ankita's question: 
Radhika is worried to tell the truth about the baby to Abhinav, her husband. She is afraid that Abhinav will not understand that his wife had a past and forgive her and move on. If you were in a place where your partner told you about his/her past, what would you do? How would you react?

Well it was wrong on Radhika's part to not tell Abhinav about her past. In a situation where if I were a man and I found out about my partners past later and that the child she bears is not mine, honestly I might forgive her for the relationship part but not for the fact that the truth was hidden from me. Relationships are based on trust after all and this was betrayal of the same.

Ankita's question: 
What is your most favorite scene or incident, something that touched your heart?

I loved it when Aditya says I was always here, it was you who went away. That was the most romantic and touching part of the story so far. 

Ankita's question: Likes and Dislikes from the story?

As I said earlier the only thing I would have wanted is a better life for Radhika and Aditya. But happy lives may not make good stories and the essence of love is felt much more when you loose it and get it back.

Curious about what happens next? Read the next post by the most innovative bloggers The Readdicts.


 If you have your questions please write it below this post, or an any of our blogs they shall be answered as soon as possible. Stay tuned for more from the literary world to The Readers Cosmos.





No comments:

Post a Comment