Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Q&A With Prateek Shukla - Author of The Unrevealed Secrets of Hacking and Cracking: Hack Before You Get Cracked!!!

Prateek Shukla is an 18-year-old currently preparing for boards, and also young computer professional and Network security expert and has a unique experience in the field of Cyber Security. He has helped multi-national companies to secure their network and is a Gold Medalist in National Informatics Olympiad. He also runs an Ethical Hacking blog www.hackingwithprateek.in After penning this book, he has become the world's second youngest author in this field. www.facebook.com/officialprateekshukla. Realising the dream at such a young age, we want to know more about his work and journey so far....so here is our Q&A session:
Q. Your profile seems to be a complete tech geek so how did writing prop up on the screen?
A-   Yeah !! Nice Punch !! Well, I was always curious to pen down what I actually did in this field. Even I wanted to be an author but was not sure of my area of writing. But when I spent a few years in the field of Ethical Hacking, I realized that I can write and can give the society whatever I have done in this field.

Q. Tell us a little bit about your book “The Unrevealed Secrets of Hacking and Cracking: Hack Before You Get Cracked”?
A- The book serves as a beginners guide to Ethical hacking. I wrote this book keeping a beginner in my mind.  India is not so advanced in this field, so I thought that it would be better to bring in fresh talents who are aspiring for knowledge rather than providing advanced knowledge to those who have already entered this field and are researching.

Q. How was the experience overall? Was it as exciting as cracking the code?
A- The experience was fantastic. When I first stepped into this field, I had no one to help me or to guide me. I guided myself and faced lot of problems at the very initial stage, especially with the technical terms used online and hacking books. But I still did not give up because I was very passionate about it and I thought that giving up now will haunt me for the rest of my life. And I kept on practicing and troubleshooting the errors on my own which ultimately cleared my concept and helped me move to the next level. 

Q. What was the best and worst part about writing this book?
A- The best part about writing this book was that I got a lot of support from my close friends, my parents and the excitement of getting it published. And the worst part was that I had to sit for a minimum of 6hrs daily which was very tiring, because after that I had to finish my school tasks as well as had to do self-study.

Q. How was the journey into publishing it? Any road blocks?
A- The journey of getting my book published was very interesting and I got to learn many things too. To be very honest, I didn’t face any kind of difficulty because of my idol cum Co-Author Navneet Sir who was always there for me whenever I needed him. He just played the role of an elder brother. I just can’t believe that a person like him also exists on this planet. If I am something, it’s just because of him.

Q. How has the book been received in India and Internationally?
A-  The book has been received pretty well in India. I don’t have any idea about Abroad but according to the present stats its going good and it has also created a name on Online Book stores and got listed on the 3rd number if searched hacking on flipkart.

Q. Do you also plan to write academic books on similar subject?
A- No, I don’t think so….. Actually, never gave a thought to it . (Laughs)

Q. What are the main concerns of writing on such a critical thing as hacking?
A-To make people aware of the online threats and help them secure their own systems is the main concern of writing on such a critical thing.

Q.What is ethical and unethical hacking? Does your book cover both?
A-  No !! No !! No !!! Its  all about Ethics, nothing Unethical is described or taught in this book.

Q. Who are your favorite authors and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
A- My favourite  authors are Chetan Bhagat and Ravinder Singh. Easy language and maintaing grip through the book is the success key to their work. 

Q. What books have most influenced your life most?
A- “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne has influenced my life the most and this book was gifted to me by my friend and I heartily thank her for this .

Q. What are you reading currently?
A- Currently  I’m not reading any book  because I’m busy preparing for my CBSE Board Examination.

Q. Any more writing on the menu right now?
A- Yes, I’m co-authoring a book on Wi-Fi Hacking and Security , which is again a book on Hacking and also a fiction with my dearest friend Aditya.

Q. What is your opinion about writing as a career? Are you thinking of one?
A- Writing is something through which one expresses his/her feelings in a better way. If an individual takes up writing as his/her career, he can influence a million of hearts and what else can be better for a writer that he is successful in influencing people.

Q. Any advice for budding writers(your genre or otherwise)? 
A- I would just like to advice that be focused, never lose hope, have faith in your writing and never compare yourself with other writers because if you compare yourself with others, you already loose 50% of  your skills. It’s very difficult to get published, especially in India, but constant effort to get published will ultimately help you become an Author.

Q.Any message for your readers?                                                                                                             A- I would just  conclude by saying that Never ever lose hope, because most of time, people in this particular field give up because they find it too difficult for them to understand everything. It’s the quality that matters, not quantity. There are several divisions in this field. I’d suggest you to choose the one which you find interesting. Always visit different ethical hacking blogs so that you remain updated.
And yes, never misuse your knowledge to harm someone. Always use your knowledge in the right direction.
Last but not the least… HAPPY & SAFE HACKING!!! Love and regards

6 comments:

  1. Gr8 interview!!!!!!! looking more from the author!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... Prateek is just copied the things from internet, Its da job of jobless people to interview the guys like prateek.....
      He is another ankit fadia.....

      Delete
    2. Thanx aditya...n log saves how do i know what you are saying is correct. give concrete proof!!!

      Delete
  2. Prateek is just kid...Look how he chated with attrion
    Check this....

    http://attrition.org/errata/plagiarism/unrevealed_secrets_of_hacking_and_cracking/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do i know this peace of information provided by you is authentic???

      Delete
  3. Feels great to see my buddy soaring heights at such an early age. Good to have an inspiration around.... And more expectations from the author...... @raghu, @saves - know my friend better than you do. A fallacy in his work and concept would be next to impossible....mind it.

    ReplyDelete